Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Erka_3237036
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like received First like given

Hello guys ,

i am newbie on 40x4 LCD ,first time i am working on this  lcd .

please suggest me: how can i interface with psoc 5lp ?

: what is the example code for this?

Best Regards,

Seggi.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi Erka_3237036

I have shared the code example in which 2x16 LCD such as the one available with CY8CKIT-001 has been interfaced with PSoC 5LP. You can refer it for your understanding.

Also, You can use 4 line LCD modules as long as you are following Hitachi 44780 standard 4-bit interface.

Thanks and Regards,

Aashita

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Seggi,

It would be helpful if you specify what kind of LCD you have. Does it have parallel or I2C for communication?

/odissey1

0 Likes

Hello,

i have a Character Liquid Crystal Display Module (NHD-0440WH-ATMI-JT#).

Best Regards,

Seggi.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi Erka_3237036

I have shared the code example in which 2x16 LCD such as the one available with CY8CKIT-001 has been interfaced with PSoC 5LP. You can refer it for your understanding.

Also, You can use 4 line LCD modules as long as you are following Hitachi 44780 standard 4-bit interface.

Thanks and Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes

Hello Aashita,

i know how to configure 2x16 or 2x20 lcd with psoc 5lp. But i dont know how to configure NHD-0440WH-ATMI-JT#

Character Liquid Crystal Display Module because it has 2 enable signal for on/off top half and bottom half of the display  amd in psoc 5lp we has already provided the specified pins for lcd that is the reason i dont know how to configure 2 enable signal 4x40 lcd.

Best Regards,

Seggi.

0 Likes
Erka_3237036
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like received First like given

Hello,

i was interfaced 4x40 character display with the psoc 5lp by the help of Demultiplexer and control signal.

it is working the perfectly but one  problem i was faced and i don't know what is the solution for this problem.

The problem is i has print the upper half of display and lower half of display i.e. i am totally utilizing my 4x40 display but  whenever i am ejecting the USB or disconnects the power from supply and again inserting the USB or power i am showing it can only print either upper half of display or bottom half of display .

Note: Before ejecting USB or power supply it can print totally 4x40 character display.

so what is the solution for this problem? Please guide me .

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Seggi.

0 Likes