How to convert the signed ADC value into decimal value?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

I am using PSoC CY8C29466's DelSig and Triple input incremental ADC. Both ADC is set to data format as signed. The data input into ADCs is from sensor which the sensor itself have output value between 1V to 4.9 V.

Delsig is set to 3 MHz clock frequency and Pulse width is 10. Triple input ADC is set to ADC resolution of 13 bit, Calc time 400, 3 MHz clock frequency.

I want to know what is the C code to change the ADCs value into decimal value ( base number of 10).

Thank you!

0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

There are a couple of possibilities to do that:

Do it yourself: when you divide the number by 10, the remainder will give the last digit (0..9), repeat until nuber is zero

Use itoa macro

Use csprintf(Buffer,"%d',Number)

Use Print-function of LCD-module

Happy de-coding

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is itoa macro? Can somebody elobrate?

Another addition thing is that the  ADCs output values which is converted to decimal values;this decimal values is used as data to calculate the measured value of the sensor. I have done the calibration, and acquired the equation to convert the measured voltage into measured pH value. For example, the pH sensor, when the output of the reading is 3V, it represent pH 12.

So, I am wondering do the codes below can get my measured voltage value from ADC? Since I am using the measured voltage of sensor to calculate the measured sensor value, I am wondering whether the codes can get back the measured voltage value.

The pH sensor can detect pH 0 to pH 14, sensor voltage output values is 1.04 V to 4.94 V with the lowest voltage represent pH 0 and highest pH represent the higherst voltage.

pH_adc = TRIADC_1_iGetData2(); // read data from ADC
pH_dec=(pH_adc)*0.001221001221; // convert the data from ADC to decimal values

pH = (3.683 * pH_dec)-4.403; // calculate the measured pH value from decimal values

Thank you!

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I cannot test your calibration-numbers (although there might be some error) but you forgot to wait for a sample beeing ready. Depending on your ADC it will be something like ADC_fIsDataAvailable() and ADC_GetDataClearFlag(), contact the datasheet.

For the Math: you have got a linear function which is f(x) = ax +b. So you have to evolve a and b. One multiplication and one addition will give you the desired Ph. As far as I know the voltage is temperature-dependent which might bring in another term.

When later everything works, think of a calibration-routine and storing the parameters in EEProm.

Happy measuring

Bob

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Sorry, forgot itoa.

Contact your C-compiler handbook (Help -> Documentation... -> Compiler and Programming Documents -> C Language Com...

In the PDF search (CTRL-F) for "atoi"

Bob

0 Likes
MR_41
Employee
Employee
First like received

The article below has example code for itoa.

http://www.planetpsoc.com/programming-assembly-and-c/9-converting-an-integer-to-ascii.html

Best Regards,

Ganesh

The PSoC Hacker

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks anyone!

0 Likes