How to conceal com port

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YaIs_283501
Level 3
Level 3
First like given

I tried to create a CDC composite device with the following URL.

I want to make windows recognize as one CDC device when the button is pushed.

I also want to make windows recognize as two CDC devices once the button is pushed again. Is that possible?

Designing Dual COM Port with PSoC 5LP USB - Hackster.io

0 Likes
1 Solution
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

It is possible to have two different device descriptors with the same USB component. So you can have a device descriptor with dual COM PORT and another with a single COM Port. Now based on switch press you can use API USBFS_Start(uint8 device, uint8 mode). The parameter 'uint8 device' actually stands for which device descriptor which should be used by the USB device.

uint8 device: Contains the device number of the desired device descriptor. The device number can be found in the Device Descriptor Tab of Configure dialog, under the settings of desired Device Descriptor, in the Device Number field.

Thanks,

Hima

View solution in original post

2 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

It is possible to have two different device descriptors with the same USB component. So you can have a device descriptor with dual COM PORT and another with a single COM Port. Now based on switch press you can use API USBFS_Start(uint8 device, uint8 mode). The parameter 'uint8 device' actually stands for which device descriptor which should be used by the USB device.

uint8 device: Contains the device number of the desired device descriptor. The device number can be found in the Device Descriptor Tab of Configure dialog, under the settings of desired Device Descriptor, in the Device Number field.

Thanks,

Hima

Thank you for teaching me

0 Likes