How can I get KitProg3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KiKo_1837836
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

I have CYTV2 B-E 1M-SK (Evaluation Board).

According to Quick Start Guide, KitProg3 (driver foe Windows) is needed.

Quick Start Guide says, This driver is TBD, contact Cypress Technical

Support.

Could you please advise me where can I get KitProg3 from ?

Best regards,

Kimio Koyama

QC Dep.

Falcon Denshi K.K.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ashish
25 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi ,

I think you can directly get started as the firmware for kitprog is already loaded. You can check it in PSoC Programmer: download here:

( https://www.cypress.com/file/512821/download ).

Just connect the starter kit to the pc (and the green and amber led should glow if connection is ok). Open the PSoC Programmer, the device should be listed as kitprog2 or kitprog3. If it's listed as "kitprog3" then okay, else if it's listed as kitprog2, you can update it to kitprog3 in PSoC Programmer as follow: Connect it by double clicking on "Kitprog2", and at below corner it will show message "connected". Go to utilities and upgrade firmware (amber LED will blink while updating, and will stop blinking after upgrade). Make sure connection is stable, else it will create a problem.

And then you can directly use the SDL with IAR to flash or debug it . (Additional note: PSoC programmer is to be used just to check kitprog3, it won't support TVII for programming etc.).

Precaution: In case the amber LED is blinking fast while connecting the starter kit to pc, or if there is some issue while upgrading kitprog2 to kitprog3, and the amber LED starts blinking fast, then you might not see the "kitprog3" or "kitprog2" or anything listed. Then you need to recover the device using bootloader mode or else it won't work. For this, disconnect everything, then keep the SW3 (switch below amber led) pressed, and then connect to pc (now amber LED will blink normally as device is in bootloader mode). The programmer will show a message "kitprog2/kitprog3 bootloader device is detected". Now, again just go to utilities and press upgrade firmware to restore the Kitprog3 firmware.

Regards,

Ashish

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Ashish
25 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi ,

I think you can directly get started as the firmware for kitprog is already loaded. You can check it in PSoC Programmer: download here:

( https://www.cypress.com/file/512821/download ).

Just connect the starter kit to the pc (and the green and amber led should glow if connection is ok). Open the PSoC Programmer, the device should be listed as kitprog2 or kitprog3. If it's listed as "kitprog3" then okay, else if it's listed as kitprog2, you can update it to kitprog3 in PSoC Programmer as follow: Connect it by double clicking on "Kitprog2", and at below corner it will show message "connected". Go to utilities and upgrade firmware (amber LED will blink while updating, and will stop blinking after upgrade). Make sure connection is stable, else it will create a problem.

And then you can directly use the SDL with IAR to flash or debug it . (Additional note: PSoC programmer is to be used just to check kitprog3, it won't support TVII for programming etc.).

Precaution: In case the amber LED is blinking fast while connecting the starter kit to pc, or if there is some issue while upgrading kitprog2 to kitprog3, and the amber LED starts blinking fast, then you might not see the "kitprog3" or "kitprog2" or anything listed. Then you need to recover the device using bootloader mode or else it won't work. For this, disconnect everything, then keep the SW3 (switch below amber led) pressed, and then connect to pc (now amber LED will blink normally as device is in bootloader mode). The programmer will show a message "kitprog2/kitprog3 bootloader device is detected". Now, again just go to utilities and press upgrade firmware to restore the Kitprog3 firmware.

Regards,

Ashish