How To repair PSOC PROGRAMMER?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AkshaySatpute
Level 2
Level 2
First like given First solution authored 10 sign-ins

Dear Sir/Madam

Can you Suggest some ways to repair PSOC Programmer?

In India it is very costly to buy every time new Programmer. PSOC Mini Prog3 is very sensitive.

While I was connecting to my PCB the Programmer. Mistakenly  1 Pin got shifted as

PCB'S GND got connected to VCC Pin of Programmer.

PCB's XRES(WHICH is Active High) got connected to GND PIN of Programmer

PCB's  SCL got connected to XRES Pin of Programmer

PCB's SDA got connected to SCL Pin of Programmer.

And I tried to debug with this Programmer. But it didn't happen.

And thereafter we are not able to Program using this Programmer for SWD Interface.

I was using PSOC5 IC

CY8C5268AXI-LP047.

With same mistake we have damaged 2 PSOC Programmer. Is there any way to repair it?

Also while manually while connecting Programmer to PCB this can happen sometime. So why there is not any protection inside Programmer to Protect this ? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

Although this is not a MiniProg3, we can purchase CY8CKIT-043 and tear off KitProg from it and use it as a programmer. For details please refer to CY8CKIT-043's kit guide and KitProg User Guide.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-043-psoc-4-m-series-prototyping...

moto

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

Although this is not a MiniProg3, we can purchase CY8CKIT-043 and tear off KitProg from it and use it as a programmer. For details please refer to CY8CKIT-043's kit guide and KitProg User Guide.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-043-psoc-4-m-series-prototyping...

moto

0 Likes

AkSa,

I have done the exact same thing to the CY8CKIT-059.  I broke off the KitProg board at the perforations.

I use it to program other PSoC5s, PSoC4s using the 5-pin SWD port configuration.

The SWD 5-pin port can program AND DEBUG in SWD mode.

If you were using the MiniProg3 in 10-pin interface mode, it is possible to use JTAG instead of SWD.

The CY8CKIT-059 boards I purchased at $10.00 US per board from Cypress (It is currently out-of-stock).

I have found this same board on Newark, DigiKey and Mouser for $15.00 US.

Can I make a suggestion for the future?

You can use a 5-pin header (Molex 22-23-2051) with a polarization (to prevent accidental reversal) and pin misalignment (the issue you were seeing.  Here is a portion of Section 3.2.1 for the MiniProg3 covering this connection.

Len_CONSULTRON_0-1625264675994.png

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes
AkshaySatpute
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

Can it be used for Debugging?

Also Cypress should provide repairing solution for Mini Prog3

0 Likes
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

I've been using KitProg as a debugger for a long time.

https://community.cypress.com/t5/Code-Examples/TSoC-%E3%83%88%E3%83%A9%E6%8A%80-5%E6%9C%88%E5%8F%B7%...

I also have my MiniProg3 and MiniProg4, but most of the time I've been using KitProg 😉

moto

0 Likes
AkshaySatpute
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks!

I had the one KitProg .And I checked the same.👍