Help with I2C Master

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
joli_601446
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes given 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Hello, I'm a newbie learning I2C with the PSoC5 Dev Kit. I found some example code and have tried to implement an I2C Master. The Master sends out 3 bytes. I have tried to use the BridgeControl Panel to read the data but am have some troubles. Here is a screen shot of the BridgeControl:

BridgeControl_Error.jpg

I should be seeing +'s in the response window which means that the Master didn't send the data. I will upload my project for anyone to look over and see what I may be doing wrong.

Thank you,

Joe

0 Likes
1 Solution
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Joe,

Bridge Control Panel can not be used as I2C Slave.

Recommend to use some logic analysis tool or a PSoC I2C Slave to verify the master code.

Thanks,

Ryan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Joe,

Bridge Control Panel can not be used as I2C Slave.

Recommend to use some logic analysis tool or a PSoC I2C Slave to verify the master code.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes

Ryan,

HI, thank you for responding to my post. I was watching the Youtube video PSoC 101 I2C Transmit example. In that example is the PSoc the slave? I guess the comment on the video there is saying the BridgeControl is the Master, is that correct?

What about using 2 PSoC kits connected together two laptop computers to run the PSoc code, is that do-able? I just want learn how to implement an I2C Master.

Thank,

Joe

0 Likes