HELP, with example of frequency measurement Error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

I have a problem with CY8CKIT-059 I'm testing the example https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-10228 that everyone refers to when it comes to measuring frequency of a signal, but when I run the example the only thing I get are very different frequency data we are talking about very exaggerated deviations as you can see in the capture,

I find it very strange and so I ask the community to have if I can reasonably measure frequencies <1Khz +-1Hz of precision square signal.

before testing the psoc 5LP I have worked with the Psoc 4 cy8ckit-147 and I have successfully performed the frequency meter with a reasonable accuracy, but with the 5LP

I am not able. I've read practically all the post related to the subject, I've downloaded several examples but I didn't get any clarity about it.

Thank you.

Psoc5lp.JPG

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

grantorax,

try the attached project (tested on KIT-059), works OK here. Re: Arduino - it is friendly for tinkering at home due to the huge library codebase, but I can't imagine having it  on professional equipment.

/odissey1

Frequency meter_01b.png.png

Frequency meter_01a.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
35 Replies