Getting CE95358 to work with Linux- SAR sampling with SPI and USBUART communication with PSoC 5LP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

New to PSOC.  Hope this is right forum.

I got project CE95358 to work with Win 10.

I need it to work with Linux as the serial host.  Linux did not recognize the psoc 5lp device.  Is there a device driver that has to be installed on the Linux machine?

0 Likes
4 Replies
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Hi, maybe this can help you (i haven´t try it but is the only info i found),check the comment on the bottom of the page

http://false.ekta.is/2015/08/cypress-cy8ckit-059-psoc-5lp-proto-kit-first-impressions/

Carlos

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for input, but not quit there yet.

I tried 

sudo modprobe usbserial vendor=0x04B4 product=0xF139

minicom –baudrate 9600 –8bit –device /dev/ttyUSB1
#minicom –baudrate 9600 –8bit –device /dev/ttyUSB

It instanciated on debugging usb connector.  

Need to figure out uart bridging.

However, I was trying to get the usb connector that is on the other side of the board to instanciate, ie, the product usb connector.

Perhaps putting in the product codes for this usb may help.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried 

sudo modprobe usbserial vendor=0x04B4 product=0xF232

did not work.

Filed a problem with tech help.

Case # 3114776996

Will post what happens

Thanks for your help

0 Likes
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Hi

I'm a "Linux" beginner so i tried to use the KitProg USB-UART bridge in Ubuntu 16.04.

After some googling i find out that an old driver (CyTherm) is loaded by the Linux kernel, so i did blacklist it, reboot the pc, and then Ubuntu recognize the UART bridge, i think it use libUSB driver now, can't remember i did this one month ago.

Today i wanted to use the USB-UART for first time so i plug the KitProg on the pc and did:

$ dmesg | grep tty

i get:

[ 4944.915562] cdc_acm 5-1:1.2: ttyACM0: USB ACM device

Then i used minicom to connect to it:

https://capa8net.wordpress.com/2014/02/08/conectar-al-puerto-consola-con-linux-y-minicom/

The post is in Spanish (my language) but you can follow it with the images, all is the same but instead ttyUSB0 you have to connect to ttyACM0.

It's seems working to me, hope it help you.

Carlos

0 Likes