Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I'm trying to read some sensors[QTR-8RC - https://www.pololu.com/docs/0J13/2] and then i got on and dead end...

Need some advice, the sensors need a 10us pulse for charging some capacitance, and the we read the cap discharge. I generate the pulses with a PWM and i can see the waveforms on an oscilloscope and they display correctly but only if i put the pin on "Open drain, drives high" 

Then I try to get the cap discharge signal to a comparator to get a pulse width proportional to sensor measurement.

Well.. after days of reading, i think i need another "pin driving" so i can "read" the signal with the comparator.

Came here to seek some advice, or if i can get another way of achieve the measurement of this sensors.

Thank you, and sorry to bother you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

No bothering. I would suggest you to do something with an output enable signal which will pit your cap loading into Hi-Z when sensing. OE is a property of the pin and you can feed it using your PWM signals.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies