Frequency Counter, How to reduce UDB

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable
    Hi there,   

I have implemented Frequency (RPM) measurement using ideas displayed on various thread by Dana. I have attached project. I have two issues now:   

1.           I want to reduce the usage of UDB as I have four channels of RPM to be measured and many other function needs to implement. I think I will need extra space in UDB. How can I change Counter Block to fixed functions? I have tried it but it says :   

Timer "\RPMCounter_1:CounterHW\" can only use one of the digital clock dividers or bus clock as the clock source.   

2.       See in attached project I have used 12KHz clock to simulate RPM. I have connected external wire link from this RPM_Freq output (P0[6]) to RPMSig_1 input(P0[2]). For 12KHz it displays perfect values on LCD, but for 15KHz it displays ‘zero’ on LCD. If I try to give direct 15KHz on schematic page (as direct clock source internally in silicon, no external link). It perfectly displays Frequency and RPM. Do I missing something here? Will my development work when I connect actual RPM signal (0-50KHz)?   
0 Likes
8 Replies