Finding maximum Limit of interrupts on PSoC5lp

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the maximum number of interrupts per second a  PSoC5lp  can process? I am going to have four timers with 500usec,1msec ,5msec and 1 sec period and each of them are connected to their respective ISR.I also have a DMA triggering 3 times in 1msec. Can PSoC handle these amount of interrupts? How Can i roughly calculate the max number of interrupts that can be processed successfully?

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

amar,

With your timing requirements PSoC can handle interrupts flawlessly. Entering the interrupt consumes about 16 clocks, plus some clocks used to process code inside interrupt. Do not place long code inside isr - use semaphore flags instead to process code in main loop.

As extreme example of ISR abuse, you can take a look on Piano demo, where interrupt rate is about 500 kHz

Polyphonic piano basic demo using KIT-059 and MIDI Keyboard

/odissey1

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

amar,

With your timing requirements PSoC can handle interrupts flawlessly. Entering the interrupt consumes about 16 clocks, plus some clocks used to process code inside interrupt. Do not place long code inside isr - use semaphore flags instead to process code in main loop.

As extreme example of ISR abuse, you can take a look on Piano demo, where interrupt rate is about 500 kHz

Polyphonic piano basic demo using KIT-059 and MIDI Keyboard

/odissey1

0 Likes