Documentation needed

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I desperately need some docs about interfacing the GNU-C with ARM assembly, register usage, linkage conventions etc. The docs I could found on Cypress's website including the PSoC5 Register Usage TRM are rather informative but even do not touch my subjects at all.

Who may help?

Bob

0 Likes
1 Solution
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

My Google-fu tells me to search for "arm asm gcc", and delivers some starting points:

To answer your question: the first 4 parameters go to r0-r3, 4 or more go to the stack. The result comes back in r0.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

You can use the following link in Creator for GCC information: Help -> Documentation -> GCC

For more details on ARM you can visit the ARM website: http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp

Regards, Aniruddha

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Thank you, I actually already did both, but there is a missing link: the connection between ARM asm and GCC.

As: for example: when I have a function with parameters, where do they go, where is the result given bacik, how are vars allocated and a handfull questions more.

Bob

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

My Google-fu tells me to search for "arm asm gcc", and delivers some starting points:

To answer your question: the first 4 parameters go to r0-r3, 4 or more go to the stack. The result comes back in r0.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Thanx, enough to read for the weekend!

Bob

0 Likes