Diplexed Linear Capsense Slider

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DaBa_1448511
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

I had placed all my components in my project based on CY8CKIT-059, including a Capsense linear slider, using five PSoC pins diplexed, resulting in ten sensor elements. It built fine, and the pins section even listed the five additional sensor elements, with no pins assigned. Later, I added a couple of digital outputs (which I've since deleted). After that point, the Linear Slider Widget insists on using ten pins instead of five, seemingly ignoring the diplex option. I've tried a bunch of variations to no avail. There is very little information that I can find on the web on diplexing, and there's not much documentation for it in the Capsense Component Datasheet. Can anyone figure out how to control the outcome such that I'm only using 5 pins? Project uploaded. Thanks.

-Dave

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @DaBa_1448511 

When using diplexing for linear slider, you only need to specify half the number of sensing elements. That is, if you need to sense 10 segments, 5 of which are routed different from the original order, you need to specify only 5 segments, not 10.

Best regards, 
Hari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Hari

Hi @DaBa_1448511 

When using diplexing for linear slider, you only need to specify half the number of sensing elements. That is, if you need to sense 10 segments, 5 of which are routed different from the original order, you need to specify only 5 segments, not 10.

Best regards, 
Hari

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hari,

Good to know. Thanks for that. Attached is what had me convinced otherwise. It is the pin listing from the first build, in which I had specified 10-segment, diplexed. Would you say then, that it's a complete coincidence how it chose to leave pins unassigned for segments 5 thru 9?

For this project, with the given confusion, I just went ahead laying out for a 7-segment, non diplexed. 

Cheers 

-Dave

0 Likes
Hari

Hi @DaBa_1448511 

You could leave the pins assignments blank, but while the project is built, PSoC Creator auto-assigns the pins. That would also explain why you saw the pins assigned the second time around. 

Note that by design, PSoC Creator does not allow pins to be left unassigned during the build process.

Best regards, 
Hari

0 Likes