Data packets missing in Serial communication with Neurosky Mindwave Mobile Sensor

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some data packets are seemed to be missing in serial reception from Neurosky mindwave mobile sensor at 57600 baudrate. I don't know if it is due to actual baudrate in PSoC4 57143 UART standard mode.Please help me to fix this issue.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Interesting: I suppose the first GoTo in C-Code since 12 years.

I would suggest you to

Enable global interrupts

Increase the receiver and transmit buffer sizes to 50 bytes

Use GetRxBuffersize() API to check if there are any data in buffer and retrieve them when there are any.

You may receive 0x00 data from your UART or does it only send ASCII characters, your current code will not accept 0x00 bytes.

and btw: You are here in a PSoC3 forum, but you are asking for a PSoC4 project. Which Kit do you use?

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Maybe your processing is not fast enough and you are loosing packets (receiver buffer overrun). Check for this condition and signal it.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Welcome in the forum!

Can you post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings? To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi bob,

I'm trying to receive data from Neurosky Mindwave Mobile EEG sensor using HC05 bluetooth Module. I'm using UART SCB block with 57600 baudrate. I was supposed to get checksum bytes of 4,2,128,5s, But only receives 128s. Project file is attached below, please help.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Interesting: I suppose the first GoTo in C-Code since 12 years.

I would suggest you to

Enable global interrupts

Increase the receiver and transmit buffer sizes to 50 bytes

Use GetRxBuffersize() API to check if there are any data in buffer and retrieve them when there are any.

You may receive 0x00 data from your UART or does it only send ASCII characters, your current code will not accept 0x00 bytes.

and btw: You are here in a PSoC3 forum, but you are asking for a PSoC4 project. Which Kit do you use?

Bob

0 Likes