DSI fabric explanation

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Cava_4754561
Level 1
Level 1

I am working with the latest version of the PSoC technical reference manuals.

PSoC® 5LP Registers TRM

(Technical Reference Manual)

Document Number. 001-82120 Rev. *G November 6, 2019

PSoC 5LP Architecture TRM

(Technical Reference Manual)

Document No. 001-78426 Rev. *G November 6, 2019

It looks compared to the previous versions the only change seems to be an added Infineon logo.

As a result, all page numbers are shift one page.

But even worse references to tables are misaligned in the Registers TRM

Now the reference from a bitfield points to the wrong table. This is very confusing.

Where can I find an explanation DSI fabric the information of the following registers is not very clear:

DSI[0..15]_HC[0..127]

DSI[0..15]_HV_L[0..15]

DSI[0..15]_HS[0..23]

DSI[0..15]_HV_R[0..15]

DSI[0..15]_DSIINP0 - DSI[0..15]_DSIINP5

DSI[0..15]_DSIOUTP0 - DSI[0..15]_DSIOUTP3

DSI[0..15]_DSIOUTT0 - DSI[0..15]_DSIOUTT5

DSI[0..15]_VS0 - DSI[0..15]_VS7

The documentation does not explain how peripherals and I/O pin connect the DSI.

Can you supply me with the correct documentation?

Best regards

Carl

0 Likes
1 Solution
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi Cava_4754561​,

DSI provides an extensive fabric of programmable switches which connect signals within a UDB, between pairs of UDBs, throughout the array of UDBs, and between the UDB array and many other blocks in PSoC.  When you draw a wire between a pin and a digital peripheral, PSoC Creator's cyfitter performs extensive complex computations to connect the appropriate programmable switches to connect the two points. We do not have a document explaining the DSI registers since it is complex and PSoC Creator helps you with the same. We also do not recommend to perform the DSI routings manually.

You can perform a connection in Toip Design and see the generated sources from Generated-Source/PSoC_5/cy_boot/cyfitter_cfg.c -> cyfitter_cfg(void) to see the registers configured for the connection.

Also, I could not find any issues with the table referencing in the document, the references were to the right pages. Could you please let me know which sections of the document you find issues? Please help me locate the issues with referencing. We will work on improving the document.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies