DFB and real time audio filtering?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        So i am familiar with the psoc4 and I have just got a PSoC5 i am really excited about the DFB although there does not seem so be a whole lot of info out there and examples using it. I am totally new to DSP, i want to make sure the PSoC is capable of doing what I need before I dive in to learning how to use the DFB assembler. I would like to use a PSoC5 to make a phono preamp. For those who dont know when you play a record back you have to EQ the sound and lp filter at 50hz 200hz and 22khz. I belive those are the right frequencys.. if one were to google riaa curve you can see the what the filter should look like. Im wondering if the psoc can handle this kind of filtering at 16 and 24 bits? If so what is the advantage of doing this with the DFB? Hitting that curve correctly with standard size components even with great tolerance can be a pita do to temp co drift and johnson noise. Will switching from passive/active analog filters to DSP keep a stable filter with out anything to SNR or attenuating the signal? Currently im doing all this with passives and opamps. I would like to design a higher end product and if i can pack all the parts for digital control and analog filtering/amplification on one chip that would be awesome, especially if DSP will help with drift and noise! My thinking could be totally wrong too... but like i said idk much about DSP and want to choose the right tool for the job!   
0 Likes
4 Replies