CyFi development platforms

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi,   
I am wondering, can I connect a CyFi module to a CY8CKIT PSOC Development Kit?   
I know about the FirstTouch development kit, but I happen to have a CY8CKIT on order and thought maybe the CyFi plug in boards would be compatible. Don't see anything in the user guide about CyFi though.   

A second, somewhat related question: in the glossy PSOC brochure it shows CyFi as though it is a configurable PSoC block just like SPI, USB etc. But I don't think that it's available built into a PSoC yet. Can anyone confirm PSOCs don't yet include an RF block?   

Thanks!   
0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, connectting a CYFI module to a CY8CKIT PSoC Development Kit is feasible. but you need develop your firmware for CYFI.
For the second question, you can refer to http://www.cypress.com/?rID=26013, there are some example projects about CYFI module.

0 Likes
saiprashanthc_
Employee
Employee
        Developing CyFi firmware would be very lengthy process, instead you should be able to plug in CYRF6936 modules(artaflex) and configure some of the register in the radio and make it work   

Regards,   
Sai   
0 Likes