Customize USBFSe module std.asm file

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JeFe_286036
Level 3
Level 3

Greetings PSoCers

Ref : PSD5.4, BootLdr_USBFSe V3.00

I have hit a roadblock using the BootLdr_USBFSe module for a CY8C29443.  I need to make a persistent change in the USB_std.asm file.  Reason for this is that if I change the lib sources and create a bootloadable firmware  the template code overwrites the lib sources.  When I do BootloaderTools->rebuild with correct checksum for the bootloader code to accept this firmware,  the changes I made to the lib sources gets overwritten.

I tried using the path of Customize user module using the  001-84020 Rev. *A PDF as a guide.   I am able to customise the timer16 module and it propogates to the project lib when I generate application.

However, something in the particular USB module seems amiss.  No matter what I do to the USB_std.asm file in the custom user module directory, the old code is always overwritten into the project library when I generate application using F6 on the designer.

I am not clear as to what I am missing.

Will be grateful if someone can show me how it is done or maybe give me an exported customised user module with the bold line commented like this

; Flow here for an OUT Endpoint

mov     reg[X+BootLdrUSBFSe_1_EP1MODE-1], USB_MODE_ACK_OUT   ; ACK the endpoint

mov     [X+BootLdrUSBFSe_1_EndpointAPIStatus], NO_EVENT_PENDING   ; For the API

jmp     .exit1

; Jump here for an IN Endpoint

.in:

;not needed    mov     reg[X+BootLdrUSBFSe_1_EP1MODE-1], USB_MODE_NAK_IN   ; NAK the endpoint

mov     [X+BootLdrUSBFSe_1_EndpointAPIStatus], EVENT_PENDING   ; For the API

; Jump or flow here to set the API event and exit

.exit1:

M8C_SetBank0

.exit2:

;    mov   [X+BootLdrUSBFSe_1_EPXDataToggle], 0    ; Clear all EP data toggles?  Is this right?

ret

Thanks

Jerson

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Sampath

Thanks very much for the tip.

Unfortunately, the file that is being used as the template is this oneC:\Program Files\Cypress\PSoC Designer\5.4\Common\CypressSemiDeviceEditor\Data\Stdum\BootLdrUSBFSe\Ver_3_00\SrcCY8C20060\USBCY8C20060_std.asm

changing this file has fixed the re-compile issue for me.

Thank you

Regards

Jerson Fernandes

On Friday, August 31, 2018, 2:52:08 PM GMT+5:30, Sampath Selvaraj <community-manager@cypress.com> wrote:

|

Cypress Developer Community

|

reply from Sampath Selvaraj in PSoC 1 - View the full discussion

Hi Jerson,

Kindly navigate to

"C:\Program Files\Cypress\PSoC Designer\5.4\Common\CypressSemiDeviceEditor\Data\Stdum\BootLdrUSBFSe\Ver_3_00", or where ever your PSoC Designer installation folder is, and then follow the path above.

You will find USB_std.asm here. Modify this file and see if this helps. Kindly keep a backup of this file to revert back if things do not work out.

Thanks, and best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Cypress Developer Community

Start a new discussion in PSoC 1 by email or at Cypress Developer Community

Following Customize USBFSe module std.asm file in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by Cypress Developer Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Cypress Developer Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hi Jerson,

Kindly navigate to

"C:\Program Files\Cypress\PSoC Designer\5.4\Common\CypressSemiDeviceEditor\Data\Stdum\BootLdrUSBFSe\Ver_3_00", or where ever your PSoC Designer installation folder is, and then follow the path above.

You will find USB_std.asm here. Modify this file and see if this helps. Kindly keep a backup of this file to revert back if things do not work out.

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes

Hi Sampath

Thanks very much for the tip.

Unfortunately, the file that is being used as the template is this oneC:\Program Files\Cypress\PSoC Designer\5.4\Common\CypressSemiDeviceEditor\Data\Stdum\BootLdrUSBFSe\Ver_3_00\SrcCY8C20060\USBCY8C20060_std.asm

changing this file has fixed the re-compile issue for me.

Thank you

Regards

Jerson Fernandes

On Friday, August 31, 2018, 2:52:08 PM GMT+5:30, Sampath Selvaraj <community-manager@cypress.com> wrote:

|

Cypress Developer Community

|

reply from Sampath Selvaraj in PSoC 1 - View the full discussion

Hi Jerson,

Kindly navigate to

Sampath Selvaraj

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Cypress Developer Community

Start a new discussion in PSoC 1 by email or at Cypress Developer Community

Following Customize USBFSe module std.asm file in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by Cypress Developer Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Cypress Developer Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

0 Likes