Comparator not responding; offset in PGA generated reference!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Yet another PSoC beginner. I've approximated an SC block as an op-amp to use it as a differentiator. (My Input after external Capacitor goes to P2.3; the o/p port P0.3 is shorted to P2.3 via a feedback resistor).  A very simple application.

I'm giving a reference voltage of 1.25V thru a PGA (Vinp=AGND; Gain=0.5) to the SC block's ACMux. My input is fed to BMux after going through external capacitor.  My differentiator's (SCblock's) o/p has to start at 1.25V.

I face the following problems,

1. The differentiator's o/p starts at 1.6V rather than 1.25V. Reason for this offset ? Also, I measured the PGAs o/p before it was routed to SC block and it gave 1.25V.

2. The differentiator's o/p is routed to another SC block approximated as op-amp which I use as a comparator. This one has a reference from another PGA (1.72V). I observe on the CRO that my differentiator's o/p crosses 1.72V comfortably but still the comparator doesnt switch to 5V. Why  ?

Please clarify,

RAM.

0 Likes
4 Replies