Checksum error in boot loader 4.2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
shil_1288831
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 25 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hello,

I have a project with Bootloader and two applications in PSoc Creator 3.3 and everything is working fine.

Lately I moved to PSoc Creator 4.2, all the projects are compiling and the output files are created,

but when I  trying to burn them with Bootloader host im getting checksum error.

I notice that when i using the same files with the bootloader host from PSoc Creator 3.3 everything is passing.

Im doing the burning in the following sequence:

1. burning the bootloader image with psoc programmer

2. burning the 2 application with bootloader host  when the active application is set to No Change - this is failed in checksum

3. burning the 1 application with bootloader host when the active application is set to Image1 - this is passed

Is there something I need to change inorder for it to work with Bootloader 4.2?

Thanks.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hello,

Can you please tell us whether you are using a custom bootloader host or a psoc creater bootloader host?

Can you please check the bootloader host version which you are using. This can be checked by going to

HELP-ABOUT BOOTLOADER HOST

Can you send the screenshot of when you are getting the checksum error.

Can you please share your project so that we can check what is the actual problem and help you out.

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes

Hello,

I'm using psoc creater bootloader host.

The version that fail is PSoC Creator  4.2 (4.2.0.641),  the one that pass is PSoC Creator  3.3 CP3 (3.3.0.9604).

I've added the scrren shots

The boot loader4.2 with the checksum error:

Bootloader_Host_4.2.JPG

The boot loader 3.3 without the checksum error:

Bootloader_Host_3.3.JPG

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi,

We tried running the application in psoc creator bootloader host 3.3 and 4.2 and it worked for us.

Can you please share your project so that we can check where the issue is and let you know.

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes