Change the Delta Sigma ADC Buffer mode configuration during run time

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Daniel_Pilon
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

How can I change the Delta Sigma ADC Buffer mode configuration during run time? I have different kind of sensors:

0-5V with the ADC buffer in "Bypass Buffer" mode

+/-15mv with the ADC buffer in "Level Shift" mode

The ADC_SelectConfiguration() should change the ADC configuration but not the buffer options.  I also added a delay to let the change take place before to start the conversion (CyDelayUs(50);)

Is there anything I should add to select different configuration for my buffer?

Thank you and have a great day

Daniel_Pilon_0-1623679379405.png

Daniel_Pilon_1-1623679405567.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

There is no component level API to change the buffer mode of the ADC dynamically. But if you check the device register TRM , you can see the same settings are controlled using Delta Sigma Modulator Buffer Register 0.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

There is no component level API to change the buffer mode of the ADC dynamically. But if you check the device register TRM , you can see the same settings are controlled using Delta Sigma Modulator Buffer Register 0.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes

Thank you,

Does it mean I should manually update the Delta Sigma ADC Buffer mode's register because the ADC_SelectConfiguration() leave that register untouched when I select a new configuration?

0 Likes

Daniel,

Normally it is recommended to use the API calls to control the HW.  Since in your case, there is no API call to modify the Buffer mode: options you will need to create your own API call.

The downside with this method in the future is if Infineon decides to control this register in later API calls of an update component version, your API may become obsolete and may not work as expected.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes