Change Data bits value

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am using Psoc3, and I need to use the uart transaction with the possiblity to change the value of the Data bits, the number of data bits transmitted between start and stop, in my code. I see that the data bits are include in the project via a  #define. Do you know if it possible to change this value via my code ?

Thanks for your time.

Gaëtan

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello,

In UDB based UART component  as available in PSOC3,it is not possible to change the Data bit value in firmware once you set one value for data bit in configuration settings of the component

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee

Can you please provide details about your application like why as such you need to change the no. of  data bits.

This link may be useful-

http://www.cypress.com/knowledge-base-article/transmitting-7-data-bits-1-parity-bit-using-uart

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my application, I have a multiplexer configured via a register. According to my register I can receive data with 8 bits and 9 bits transmitted between start and stop, data send to the same UART (I haven't enouth UDB to had a new one..). That is why I need to change the Data bits value in my code.

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee

Hello,

In UDB based UART component  as available in PSOC3,it is not possible to change the Data bit value in firmware once you set one value for data bit in configuration settings of the component

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thanks for your help !

0 Likes