Calibration of Del Sig ADC with AN68403

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
jakac_1482786
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

I am using a PSOC5LP and want to calibrate the ADC in the final product that I am developing.  I got the code from AN68403 and ran it on my PSOC5LP system with a 16-bit differential DelSig +/- 1.024 V.  It says it successfully wrote the GCOR and OCOR to EEPROM.  But it seems to have no effect on my readings.  When I run a ReadGCOR(), the output is 39654 regardless of whether the calibration was done or not.  I even cleared the EEPROM page 1 and 2 without rewriting the GCOR and OCOR and still get the same result for ReadGCOR().

I went so far as to mess up the code by setting a false GAIN setting- this messes up the Gn Cor value, but the ReadGCOR() doesn't change.

Is the code from AN68403 appropriate for the CY8CKit-059 with the CY8C5888LTI-LP097 chip?

Can someone help me get this figured out?

Best-

jk

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I cannot find a place where you call the SetGCOR() API or read any value from eeprom. Instead I see that you issue a software reset which will start erasing the eeprom in your initialization. In eeprom datasheet is a hint regarding the Start() API requiring a short wait until the first access.

Bob

0 Likes
jakac_1482786
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

That reset actually doesn't get called unless the button is pushed.   So it shouldn't be a problem.

So- I need to get the gcor value from EEPROM bytes 0-1 and the ocor value from bytes 2-5, correct?

int32 ocor_new = EEPROMReadlong(2);  
int32 ocor_old = (int32) (DelSig_DEC_OCOR_REG) + ((int32)(DelSig_DEC_OCORM_REG) << 😎 + ((int32) (DelSig_DEC_OCORH_REG) <<16);
/* Add the offset correction read from EEPROM to the existing OCOR value */
int32 ocor = ocor_old + ocor_new;
/* Write the updated OCOR value back to registers */
DelSig_DEC_OCOR_REG += EEPROM_ReadByte(4);
DelSig_DEC_OCORM_REG+= EEPROM_ReadByte(3);
DelSig_DEC_OCORH_REG+= EEPROM_ReadByte(2);
/* Update the GCOR register with the GCOR adjustment read from EEPROM */
uint16 gcor_new = EEPROMReadtwobytes(0);  //(Reads two bytes and combines into a uint16)
DelSig_SetGCOR(gcor_new);    

0 Likes

Could a cypress engineer look at this and please tell me how

to correct the code for the PSoC delSig ADC?  I was told the code would

be

updated but it never was.

0 Likes