CY8CKIT050 PSoC5LP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PrateekKumar
Level 2
Level 2
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi, 

My CY8CKIT050 main chip AXI LP035 main chip is heated up, and showing up this message while I'm  trying to debug.

PrateekKumar_0-1615460566001.png

Please help me with this.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @PrateekKumar

According to my understanding, you were able to debug the device previously and now without any change in the settings, the debug is failing. Can you please let me know if you are still able to connect/program the device?

Did your application involve any hardware connections? Could there be a possibility that the chip is not working because of short or incorrect connections?

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rakshith

Hi @PrateekKumar

According to my understanding, you were able to debug the device previously and now without any change in the settings, the debug is failing. Can you please let me know if you are still able to connect/program the device?

Did your application involve any hardware connections? Could there be a possibility that the chip is not working because of short or incorrect connections?

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
PrateekKumar
Level 2
Level 2
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi Rakshith,

I was able to debug it properly but I don't know what happened after then my CY8C5968AXI-LP035(the main IC) starts to get heating up, I don't why and it's demanding more power from the USB too. And right now I'm not able to debug anything.

So what should I do now. should I be able to change the main IC with soldering or not.

0 Likes
Rakshith

Hi @PrateekKumar

As we do not know the extent of damage caused, we cannot be sure that the Kit will work if the MCU is replaced. However, replacing the MCU is a good start. 

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes