CY8CKIT-50 PSOC5 development Kit USBUART driver not working on windows 10

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

I'm using CY8CKIT-50 PSOC5 development Kit on windows 7 for several years and it works fine.

Laptop upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 recently. and the USBUART driver below is not working for windows 10. when I install the driver (file: USBUART_CDC.inf),

pastedImage_0.png

it shows the error below: need digital signature information. does anyone have the same issue? Please help. thank you.123.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution

I checked for this issue using Code Example for USBFS UART on multiple Windows10 based system. It seems to be issue with Windows10.

I am able to connect and open the COM port using teraterm. Its not a driver issue.

What you can try to do is to:

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b) Click on “Device Manager”.

c) Search for the USB Serial port that you would like to remove from the computer.

d) Right click on it and select “Uninstall”.

e) Then unplug the USBUART Serial port and replug again and reinstall the driver file from these path

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Cypress USB-Serial Driver\DriverBinary\CDC_Driver\bin\win10\x86

Or

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Cypress USB-Serial Driver\DriverBinary\CDC_Driver\bin\win10\x64

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

but this doesn't work. when I install CyWinCDC.inf which I downloaded from the link you mentioned, windows can't find the driver.

when I install my own driver that is auto generated from project, it need the signature on windows 10.. I also tried to download latest psoc creator 4.2 and update all the component and re-synthesis, re-compile again to generate USBUART_CDC.inf. but the issue is still there.

looking forward to your reply. thank you in advance.

Chunyan

0 Likes

Hello,

Have you tried running the .exe available at the 2nd link to install the USBUART certified driver

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes.

installed CypressDriverInstaller_1.exe.

but issue still exist. thank you.

0 Likes

When you will run the CypressDriverInstaller_1.exe.  then at this path :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Cypress USB-Serial Driver\DriverBinary\CDC_Driver\bin\win10\x86

Or

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Cypress USB-Serial Driver\DriverBinary\CDC_Driver\bin\win10\x64

the required driver files will get downloaded.So, you need to uninstall the previous driver installed and install this downloaded  .inf file  in Device Manager provided at this above mentioned path in system.

Can you please mention  then which issue you got after following the above steps , is it the signed driver issue?

The Creator generated .inf file (within  the .cydsn project file ) is not signed.

If so, please provide us with your project, we will check for its enumeration on Windows10 system.

Meanwhile, please check these Forum links, they may be useful:

PSoC5LP USBUART, signed driver?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

after I install the driver from the first link. My device manager don't have the CypressUsbConsoleWindowsDriver(first red circle below.)

0 Likes

If your system is 32 bit operating system , then you need to use the .inf at this path:

If your system is 64 bit operating system, , then you need to use the .inf at this path:

I hope you have done the linking accordingly, please provide us with your project, we will check for its enumeration on Windows10 system.

0 Likes

I checked for this issue using Code Example for USBFS UART on multiple Windows10 based system. It seems to be issue with Windows10.

I am able to connect and open the COM port using teraterm. Its not a driver issue.

What you can try to do is to:

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b) Click on “Device Manager”.

c) Search for the USB Serial port that you would like to remove from the computer.

d) Right click on it and select “Uninstall”.

e) Then unplug the USBUART Serial port and replug again and reinstall the driver file from these path

Or

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to install the two files below

pastedImage_0.png

But it still does not work.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

Please provide me with your project I will check for its enumeration on a Windows 10 system

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sorry but for some reason I can just hand over you the whole project.

jceeto

邮箱:jceeto@163.com

|

Signature is customized by Netease Mail Master

0 Likes

I am pretty sure its  not at all USBUART driver issue because I have tried to  using Code Example for USBFS UART on multiple Windows10 based system. I am able to connect and open the COM port using teraterm. Its not a driver issue.

Can you too check on your system whether USBFS UARTCode example is getting enumerated or not.

I will suggest you to "Uninstall" the driver of the USBUART Serial port and "reinstall" the driver from the correct path (x86 or x64) mentioned in previous interactions.

If still you are unable to get the device enumerated, then I will suggest you to contact Microsoft because it seems to be System specific Windows 10 issue.

0 Likes