CY8CKIT - 059 architecture doubts

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everybody,

I got a new psoc CY8CKIT 059 and I saw that it has 2 boards connected and it has 2 psoc ( one on each board ). I looked in the user manual and there said that this little "bridge" can be broken in two pieces if the developer wishes. So, why I would do that? What is the main functionality of each part? After I brake it I could program the psoc parts again ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The smaller PCB is the "KitProg", the PSoC programmer. You could use that snappedd-off part to program and debug your own boards. When you use the -59 Kit as a real prototype you may want to use a smaller board without the programmer. When snapped off you have to connect the two boards with wires again to program the kit.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The smaller PCB is the "KitProg", the PSoC programmer. You could use that snappedd-off part to program and debug your own boards. When you use the -59 Kit as a real prototype you may want to use a smaller board without the programmer. When snapped off you have to connect the two boards with wires again to program the kit.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I understood. Thank you Bob Marlowe!

0 Likes