CY8CKIT-059 Kitprog - restore factory settings

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm using CY8CKIT-059 separated in its two parts (i) Kitprog and (ii) Target device, booth connected by 5 wires with the Program / Debug Header J 7 J3 . Programming and debugging worked fine for a cupple of days, but suddenly an (hardware ?) error occurs. The Kitprog is no longer listed in the Select debug target window of PSoC Creator. It is also not listed in Programmer V 3.24 and  also not in Windows device manager .

Connect USB cable with SW3 button pressed results in green LED 3 blinking, but there is no USB- Serial  entry in the  Bootloader Host.  Is there is reliable procedure to restore factory settings *.hex file in the Kitprog under these circumstances ?

A second Kitprog module works well as programmer and degugger for the same separate target device board and is also visible as KitProg in Windows device manager.

Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum!

This is a double post, follow up here, please.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please I need a suggestion. I want to use a 059 kit (target board) and use it in a project that uses Delta Sigma conversion, LCD and some digital outputs

I  need to use the target board only. If  I snap the 059 kit (kitprog from target board) How I can program the board for future changes in programs?

I snapped a kit (target from kitprog) And I can´t send any program from Creator to Target board.

Thank You

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You have to re-connect the kitprog to program your target board. The  required interface signals are brought out on both boards, so you may solder 5 posts on each board and connect them with a cable. Care: Kitprog delivers 5V.

Signals are Vtarg (5V), GND, XRES, SDA, SCL

Bob

0 Likes