CY8CKIT-009A without using CY8CKIT-001...

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to use the CY8CKIT-009A PSoC3 module with the Miniprog3 without having to use the CY8CKIT-001 kit?

0 Likes
5 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Yes, that should be possible. Lookup the user guide, that should give you the part numbers for the needed connectors (they are from SamTec IIRC). Then you just need to provide all the power rails (digital, analog, all four IO voltages). I think everything thats needed is on the PSoC module itself (maybe except the reset logic). To be sure, compare the module schematic with the data sheet, the latter one gives you all the required external connections.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.  Thanks for the reply.  I just looked at the -009A module and noticed that all the supply resistors are NO LOAD.  I will short them out and hopefully that will resolve the issue.  thanks, again.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

I think the resistors you mean are the ones used for the boost converter. Since the module, obviously, works in the -001 kit, it must be powered by it. You just need to provide the same signals...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

To have the CY8CKIT-009A module working properly you neet to supply externally regulated voltage to VDDD, CDDA, VDDio0-3

The programming header J5  is connected to VDDio1 ( VTarg) so to let the miniprog3 provide the power all you have to do is tie VDDD, VDDA, VDDIO0,-4 to VDDio1. 

You can use TP5 , TP6, TP7 for VDDD, VDDA and VDDio1 and use the corresponding pins on J4, J3, and J2 for VDDio0,2,3

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another way would be to remove R38 (Ind) and populate R6, R7, R14, R15, R16, R17. I would also cut the trace going to VBost, but that might not be necesary

0 Likes