CY8CKIT-001 based PSoC3 debug problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am running a C based application on PSoC Creator for PSoC3 based board.I applied three breakpoints to debug the code.In this process,when i stepped into  the code at the third breakpoint using "step into" debug option,the control is swicthing to a disassembly code rather than the C-code instruction.Any help to solve this is appreciated.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are only seeing this when you transition from the 2nd to 3rd breakpoint? (1st to 2nd appears to function normal)?

Can you post the code around the 3rd breakpoint, or perhaps post a screenshot of what's happening in the debugger?

-Bobby

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Karts,

Did you try using "Step over" function (F10) rather than using "Step into" function (F11)?

Creator supports upto 7 Hardware breakpoints, beyond which software breakpoints will be available.

Regards,

dasg

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometime I have the same pb. I use step over (F10) not step into (F11).

0 Likes
KishoreS_96
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

As Bobby mentioned, it actually depends on the type of code around which you are trying to Step Into. For eg, I have seen debugger going into Disassembly file for sprintf instruction.

Regards,

Kishore.

0 Likes