CY8C58LP Family Micro Controller

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jagadeesh
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

I am Using psoc CY8C58LP Family Micro Controller in the i am loading firmware file using kitprog4 after loaded board working fine, Now i want to get checksum of my loaded application, kindly share procedure how to get firmware checksum.

0 Likes
1 Solution
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello.

The simplest method is to click on the Checksum button in PSoC Programmer.  Connect your programmer (Kitprog, Miniprog) to the target device, run PSoC Programmer, load the hex file and click on the Checksum icon.  This displays the checksum and verifies the device was loaded correctly.  It's a 2-byte checksum.

If you want to read the checksum from PSoC Creator Debugger window, display memory 0x90300000.  This is documented in the 5LP Programming spec:
https://www.cypress.com/documentation/programming-specifications/psoc-5lp-device-programming-specifi...
This is a good doc to read since it describes the hex file format.

You can also edit the hex file and look for the 9030 address (near bottom of file).  See, now aren't you glad you read the hex file format description!

Knowing the checksum memory location, the 5LP could read it and send it out the serial port, to an LCD, across I2C, whatever method you want to retrieve/display it.

If feeling adventurous, you could write a CLI text script for PSoC Programmer and run ppcli.exe, and read the memory block containing the checksum.  The CLI documentation is available from the HELP menu in PSoC Programmer.

Let us know if you're successful and which method you used.

Good luck with your project.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello.

The simplest method is to click on the Checksum button in PSoC Programmer.  Connect your programmer (Kitprog, Miniprog) to the target device, run PSoC Programmer, load the hex file and click on the Checksum icon.  This displays the checksum and verifies the device was loaded correctly.  It's a 2-byte checksum.

If you want to read the checksum from PSoC Creator Debugger window, display memory 0x90300000.  This is documented in the 5LP Programming spec:
https://www.cypress.com/documentation/programming-specifications/psoc-5lp-device-programming-specifi...
This is a good doc to read since it describes the hex file format.

You can also edit the hex file and look for the 9030 address (near bottom of file).  See, now aren't you glad you read the hex file format description!

Knowing the checksum memory location, the 5LP could read it and send it out the serial port, to an LCD, across I2C, whatever method you want to retrieve/display it.

If feeling adventurous, you could write a CLI text script for PSoC Programmer and run ppcli.exe, and read the memory block containing the checksum.  The CLI documentation is available from the HELP menu in PSoC Programmer.

Let us know if you're successful and which method you used.

Good luck with your project.

0 Likes
jagadeesh
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Thank you for your reply  by using kitprog i am verified  checksum .

Now i have one more doubt that how to clear flash once loaded firmware code to flash i want to clear again is any possibility can any one support please.

0 Likes

Hello.

The simplest method is to click on the Erase button in PSoC Programmer.  Connect your programmer (Kitprog, Miniprog) to the target device, run PSoC Programmer and click on the Erase icon. 

BTW, PSoC programmer erases all FLASH each time it downloads a new target image.  So, it's not necessary to press the Erase button each time.

0 Likes