COM Error when programming PSoC 5 NVL Array with Python

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnCo_2887981
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

I've been trying to program a PSoC 5 with a Python script. I keep getting the following error when pp.PSoC3_WriteNvlArray() is called.

Exception has occurred: com_error

(-2147417851, 'The server threw an exception.', None, None)

File "<COMObject PSoCProgrammerCOM.PSoCProgrammerCOM_Object>", line 3, in PSoC3_WriteNvlArray

File "C:\SVN\New Test Procedures\TestStand Test Sequeces\Python Scripts\Python_Ex.py", line 269, in ProgramNvlArrays hResult = pp.PSoC3_WriteNvlArray(arrayID, hexData);

File "C:\SVN\New Test Procedures\TestStand Test Sequeces\Python Scripts\Python_Ex.py", line 465, in ProgramAll hr = ProgramNvlArrays(enumSonosArrays.ARRAY_NVL_USER)

File "C:\SVN\New Test Procedures\TestStand Test Sequeces\Python Scripts\Python_Ex.py", line 603, in ExecuteWithFilename hr = ProgramAll()

File "C:\SVN\New Test Procedures\TestStand Test Sequeces\Python Scripts\Python_Ex.py", line 620, in <module> portStr = "KitProg/030E0BF302098400"

• I'm using the example code from C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\Examples\Programming\PSoC3_5\SWD\Python_Ex.
  • The script works on a computer with 64-bit Windows 10
  • The script gets the error on a computer with 64-bit Windows 7
  • On the failing computer, the PSoC Programmer works fine
  • The PSoC Programmer CLI works fine.
  • The problem started occurring when I changed the KitProg3

Ant help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi AnCo_2887981​,

I used the example script (Python_Ex.py) to program PSoC 5 Kit using a KitProg3.

I was unable to reproduce the error.

Can you please share your script that you have modified so that I can reproduce the same error at my end?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes