Analogue low-pass filter module

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
RiAs_1660756
Level 4
Level 4
25 sign-ins 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

The datasheet says that the comparators may be preceded by a low pass filter.  A low pass filter appears on the analogue routing diagram.  The lime green is my addition.  It's greyed-out.

There is no LPF in the comparator config and there isn't a LPF in the component catalogue.

How do I get my mitts on this component?  It seems tantalisingly out of reach.

I bet I'm doing something silly.

PSoC Creator 4.4, Win 10, CY8C5666AXI-LP001

0 Likes
1 Solution
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

RiAs,

It is strange that Cypress provided  LPF HW but did not provide a component.

No problem!

I created an LPF component. 

You can find it at: PSoC5-now-has-a-LPF-component 

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

RiAs,

It is strange that Cypress provided  LPF HW but did not provide a component.

No problem!

I created an LPF component. 

You can find it at: PSoC5-now-has-a-LPF-component 

Len

Hello, Len,

Perhaps you would be kind enough to point me in the right direction again.  I've been using PSoC for about 5 years and regret that I'm in the later years of my career rather than the earlier ones as I'm gonna miss loads of PSoC fun.

I can see what you have done: you have created a component with the schematic based around the cy_psoc3_lpf_v1_0 primitive part and added an API to set the registers for the R and C per the TRM.

As an exercise, I have been trying to follow in your footsteps.  However, when I import the primitive from the primitives catalogue, all I get is the symbol (.cysym) and not the component.  I can't put a symbol on the schematic.

In the Component Author Guide, it says, "only a component of type “primitive” may have no schematic and no API" so it seems that there must be some clever linkage that bridges the symbol and the silicon.

How were you able to drop a LPF component into your schematic?!

Thank you for any help!

Richard Aston.

0 Likes
0 Likes

Richard,

Have you gotten the LPF component to work?

Len
0 Likes

Hi, Len,

Yes, I did.  Well, I have got to the stage where I can now recreate your component.   I hadn't understood about the hidden components in the catalogue.

I haven't tried out any hardware yet.  Right now, I'm trying to get my paltry brain cells to understand the DFB module!

I've flagged your reply a the Solution.  Many thanks.

Richard.

0 Likes

Richard,

Yes.   Once I point to my component library in the project "Dependencies..."  I can just drag-n-drop the component onto the schematic page.

How to install the component library is mentioned in a pdf in the archive: "How to Access Custom Libraries and Components.pdf"

Len
0 Likes