Abandoning the CDC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Recently a group of Cypress Employees started to flood the forums with unasked-for contributions. This WILL make user-questions difficult to detect and follow-up because they are vanishing in the huge amount of these CDC-entries.

I do not question the correctness and value of the contents supplied, but in my opinion of what a community / forum is, they are completely mis-placed.

As a matter of fact I do not see a place of discussing, improving and exchanging experiences in the CDC any more and so I will not post (or even read) contributions here.

Thank you, folks! It has been a splended time watching our knowledge about PSoCs to grow and prosper!!!

Season greetings

Bob

0 Likes
11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob,

I am very very sorry for this. I personally apologize for inundating the forum with information. I will take this issue up and make sure it is getting addressed properly.

Your presence in the forum is very valuable to us.Please forgive us this time.

Sorry again Bob.

Regards,

RahulRam.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

@RahulRam,

I did not see that you (personally) were flooding the forum with any non-asked for posts, so no need to apologize except you take the responsibility for that.

I am continuosly watching the CDC, so I can promise that I'll be back here when the situation does improve.

Bob

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

@Rahulram: just as an idea: - measure the employess not by the number of posts in the CDC (you get what you measure), but e.g. on the number of verified answers. That way they are more inclined to provide real help instead of throwing posts in here.

And, just not to forget that, finally improve the forum software!

0 Likes
PalaniS_56
Employee
Employee

Bob,

I am a Director of Applications at Cypress. While the intent was to add content that helped users with common issues and seed the forum with such content, I fully understand your frustration. I agree that the content is misplaced and should belong to our knowledge base or a frequently asked section. As immediate containment, we have taken action to stop all such posts. 

We will revisit how Cypress should handle this better. Please feel free to provide your thoughts on this directly to me at pds@cypress.com. I would love to hear from you and leverage your feedback.

We want you back.

Happy holidays!

Thanks,

Palani

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

If I think about the time, read $$$$, spent on all these knowledge

postings, and a need, an ongoing repeated effort by forum supporters,

to have Cypress forum software uopgraded to a working  environment.

Tragic in a sense.

The inconsistancy of pasting, the incompatibility of uploading with all

browsers, the lack of a 21'st century search engine has got to be a ball

and chain around Cypress's neck.

Needs :

1) A place to upload solutions and reference material for users

2) A full in depth search engine

3) A true HTML forum with all that implies, pasting, insertion, EDIT, search.....

We all love PSOC (is it of concern some of us love a chunk of silicon and

plastic ?) and we all know from posting on other sites that this forum

software is really 18'th century horse and pony.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
PalaniS_56
Employee
Employee
        Danaa - Thanks for your input. We will ensure that this is communicated to the web marketing team that is responsible for launching improvements to the forum.   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Palani, thank you very much for this statement and the prompt reaction. As I said earlier, I'll be back when that situation improves. It did, I'm back.

Bob

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

@bob: good to have you back 🙂

@Palani: Unfortunately there have been promises for a long time, and they just stayed that - promises... (though at least the infamous problem with the small edit windows seems to be gone for good now). So can understand the furstration of the regulars on everything which additionally disturbs them over here...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope we can at least have the edit feature. 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Avoid typos, edit feature unneeded

Season Greetings

Bob

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8