AN68272 Custom Bootloader does not work with UART 2.0

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I try to apply AN68272 with UART 2.0 interface and PSoC Creator does not recgonize that it is a bootloader IO component.  I tried SPI and it works.  But the same procedure does not work with UART 2.0.  Please help.  Thanks.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it works, i have implemented a custom bootloader for UART, you can check this topic:

http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=2232&rID=48348

Maybe you have to add some defines in your code to make it work and add some interface in the C# code.

You can grab the files in the topic the UART bootloader is already implemented.

Regards,

Victor Andres

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I found the issue, the UART component in the macros does not change until you drag in the new symbol.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you tell us what you mean by "the UART component in the macros does not change until you drag in the new symbol" so that we can understand what the exact issue was.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

When importing a component to create a new component, the macro (xxx.cymacro) for the newly imported component needs to be manually update to the new component.  Otherwise, the macro will use the old component.

0 Likes