cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC 5, 3 & 1 MCU

Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hey, I'd like to receive using UART data with a start bit stop bit and 9 data bits, Using the mark/space option I can detect 9 data bits but I'm having troubles finding out whether the mark/space is high or low. How can I detect the mark/space bit?   
0 Likes
7 Replies
JoMe_264151
Expert II

Welcome in the forum.

Do a UART_ReadRxStatus() API and check for UART_RX_STS_MRKSPC bit containing 0 or 1. See datasheet for the function.

Happy coding

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I tried doing that I made an if else loop that checks the mark/space bit and adds if the bit is high but the if loop always ends up in the false side. Could you please give me a code example so I could better understand how to use that function?   
0 Likes
JoMe_264151
Expert II

Let's do it the other way: Can you please post your complete project so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        This code should shift the data one bit to the right and make the MSB of the data received the same as the mark/space bit. When testing the MSB ends up low no matter what was the received data, and the rest of the data is being received correctly.   
0 Likes
JoMe_264151
Expert II

The line

if(RS422_in_RX_STS_MRKSPC)

will not work as expected. You are testing a constant, but you should test the status bits as

if(RS422_ReadRxStatus() & RS422_in_RX_STS_MRKSPC)

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I believe I tried that, previously that line was if(RS422_in_RX_STS_MRKSPC & STATUS1) Slightly above that line STATUS1 receives the value of RS422_ReadRxStatus()   
0 Likes
JoMe_264151
Expert II

Additionally: Your components are a bit old. Update components to latest (Project -> Update Components). Are you using Creator 4.0 SP1? When not, update Creator first.

Bob

0 Likes