28 pin to 8 pin migration

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ChDe_285186
Level 4
Level 4
        Is there any reason that a project successful on a 28 pin device (27443) cannot be migrated to an 8 pin device (27143) apart from the obvious pin changes. The original 28 pin device only had 5 pins used for the project.If there are no technical impediments then I must have missed some globals or module configs but I cant see any differences. I will get some feedback before I post the projects for detailed scrutiny and critique. Regards Chris D.   
0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

To program the chip in-vito can lead to problems because you connected some hardware to the pins used for programming on the 8-pin device. Programming and then soldering would work better.

The 8-pin device has got no SMP and I'm not quite sure what is with an external X-tal.

Bob

0 Likes
ChDe_285186
Level 4
Level 4
        According to Cypress you can connect driven outputs to the 1SCL and 1SDA ports as long as the resistance is above 1K (Ithink). The 8 pin seems to program ok. I wonder if I should raise a tech issue?   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Yes, I would suggest you to create a MyCase.

I recently (1hr ago) had *VERY* good experiences with that, they gave me a phonecall within 10 minutes and solved the case!

Bob

0 Likes
ChDe_285186
Level 4
Level 4
        I will tyr one more thing. I will disconnect the LED connected to the programming port during programming and reconnect for test. I will update the results Chris   
0 Likes
ChDe_285186
Level 4
Level 4
        The results were the same as when the 1SDA pin had a LED attached. I will raise a case. Thanks Bob Chris D   
0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

One thing to try is print out a project datasheet for the 443 and then 143, and compare

side to side.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes