2 problems: TX-En and Frame Errors

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable
        TX-EN never goes up, Frame Errors in 9bit Mark/Space For some reason I never see the tx-en line go high to enable the tx on the 485 bus. I'm also seeing frame errors when I change from 8N1 to 9 mark/space. Any suggestions? { UART_1_LoadTxConfig(); // half duplex to transmit UART_1_SetTxAddressMode(UART_1_SET_MARK); // MARK and SPACE could be backwards. Datasheet conflicts itself. UART_1_PutChar((char) (nodeid)); UART_1_PutString(payload); UART_1_PutString("\n"); UART_1_PutString("\r"); UART_1_SetTxAddressMode(UART_1_SET_SPACE); do /* wait until transmission complete */ { tmpStat = UART_1_ReadTxStatus(); }while(~tmpStat & UART_1_TX_STS_COMPLETE); // Check the TX_STS_COMPLETE status bit UART_1_LoadRxConfig(); // half duplex to recieve tmpStat = UART_1_RXSTATUS_REG; // Clear the BREAK in the RX Buffer from TX to RX transistion } Thanks Richard   
0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Wow, what happened to my formatting?   
0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

It would help if you post the project -

“File”                                                             Creator

“Create Workspace Bundle”

The forum software has issues. Firefox and Chrome seem to work pretty good.

If using explorer set content to compatibility view.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I figured out why the TX-EN line was failing to rase.  The pin only looked like it was connected to the UART until I moved things around in the design... Grrr.

That leaves the 9 bit frame errors.  Anyone have any suggestions were I can look or an example code that uses 9bit Mark/Space?  I've at the data sheets but its possible I've missed one that would help.

Thanks

Richard

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The characters are correct in the string but the logic analyzer shows errors.

R

0 Likes