1 mA "constant current source"

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WaSt_4596866
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted First question asked

Hi,

I need to configure a PSoC 1 into a precision 1 mA constant current source. I am sure that has been done before and someone can help me. I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Best regards - Walter

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thanks, SampathS_11, for the link to the application note, which I will study.

Thank you also for the info about the mature PSoC1 family - yes, I have been designing with that family for many years now.

Take care - Walter

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Please check this thread for several possible solutions using PSoC4, 5. 

How-built-a-4-20-mA-IDAC 

I am not sure whether PSoC1  has a current DAC, so traditional VDAC and Opamp + external BJT can be used.

0 Likes

Thank you, odissey1

I will study your suggestion

Walter

0 Likes
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hello Walter,

For examples of PSoC1 current source, I can refer you to AN2223 - PSoC® 1 - Approximating an Opamp with a Switched Capacitor Integrator. In this App Note, you can find an example of a current source on page 6.

I can also refer you to AN2203 - Programmable Analog High Current Source, PSoC® 1 Style, which stands obsoleted currently.

However, as Odissey1 has pointed out, I request you to kindly consider PSoC4 or PSoC5LP. PSoC1 is a mature family, and many customers are moving to designs based on PSoC4. This is causing PSoC1 sales volume to drop, and many members of the PSoC1 family may be obsoleted on a short notice.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes

Thanks, SampathS_11, for the link to the application note, which I will study.

Thank you also for the info about the mature PSoC1 family - yes, I have been designing with that family for many years now.

Take care - Walter

0 Likes