PSoC4M : Description of function described in the device datasheet

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiNe_85951
Level 7
Level 7
Distributor - TED (Japan)
50 likes received 500 replies posted 50 solutions authored

Dear Sirs and Madams,

I have a question about the description of the function in device datasheet.

PSoC4200M Datasheet URL

https://www.cypress.com/file/377971/download

For the tables on pages 12 and 13 of the datasheet,

It is described as "tcpwm.line[0]:1" or "scb[0].spi_mosi:1".

I understand that the numbers in "[]" are individual peripheral numbers.

What is the difference between "tcpwm.line [0]: 1" and "tcpwm.line [0]: 0"?

MaMi_1205306_0-1628584342788.png

For example, P2[4] is "tcpwm.line [0]: 1", P3[0] is "tcpwm.line [0]: 0",

MaMi_1205306_5-1628586255551.png

I thought that I could only assign one "tcpwm.line [0]" and one "tcpwm.line_comp [0]" in one TCPWM [0].

However, it uses two TCPWM components and both can be placed at "tcpwm.line [0]" in TCPWM [0].

I thought that if I assigned one "tcpwm.line [0]", I couldn't assign the other "tcpwm.line [0]".

MaMi_1205306_4-1628585849755.png

Is it okay to understand in the sense that the above configuration is possible?

Please tell us the difference between "tcpwm.line [0]: 1" and "tcpwm.line [0]: 0".

Regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello @MiNe_85951 

For tcpwm.line [x]: y,  x refers to the instance of the tcpwm in case 4200 M there are 8 instances of tcpwm and x can vary from 0 to 7,  y designates copies of the signal name. For example there can be multiple copy of the signal 'line' for tcpwm[0], that is, tcpwm.line[0]:0 and tcpwm.line[0]:1 . Only one copy of a signal can be active at a time.

In your case when connecting TCPWM 0 (PWM_1)  line to P2.4( tcpwm.line[0]:1) the direct connection between the signal and the pin is utilized. But when connecting TCPWM 1 (PWM_2) line to P3.0 (tcpwm.line[0]:0) PSoC 4200M utilizes the Digital signal interconnect (DSI) fabric.

In case the device did not support DSI it would not be possible to connect  TCPWM 1 line signal to pin 3.0. The only possible options for connecting TCPM 1 line signal in such a case would be P2.6 (tcpwm.line[1]:1) or P3.2 (tcpwm.line[1]:0) or P7.2 (tcpwm.line[1]:2)

Yes, it is  possible in this case

Thanks and Regards

Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello @MiNe_85951 

For tcpwm.line [x]: y,  x refers to the instance of the tcpwm in case 4200 M there are 8 instances of tcpwm and x can vary from 0 to 7,  y designates copies of the signal name. For example there can be multiple copy of the signal 'line' for tcpwm[0], that is, tcpwm.line[0]:0 and tcpwm.line[0]:1 . Only one copy of a signal can be active at a time.

In your case when connecting TCPWM 0 (PWM_1)  line to P2.4( tcpwm.line[0]:1) the direct connection between the signal and the pin is utilized. But when connecting TCPWM 1 (PWM_2) line to P3.0 (tcpwm.line[0]:0) PSoC 4200M utilizes the Digital signal interconnect (DSI) fabric.

In case the device did not support DSI it would not be possible to connect  TCPWM 1 line signal to pin 3.0. The only possible options for connecting TCPM 1 line signal in such a case would be P2.6 (tcpwm.line[1]:1) or P3.2 (tcpwm.line[1]:0) or P7.2 (tcpwm.line[1]:2)

Yes, it is  possible in this case

Thanks and Regards

Ekta

0 Likes
MiNe_85951
Level 7
Level 7
Distributor - TED (Japan)
50 likes received 500 replies posted 50 solutions authored

Ekta-san,

Thanks to your explanation, I understood that DSI of PSoC4M does not cause build error.

And basically, I understood that it is desirable that the instances ("[x]") do not overlap.

Because DSI must always be considered and placed.

Regards,

0 Likes