No connection to PC with Pioneer Kit CY8CKIT-42-BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

hey! I'm using the Pioneer Kit CY8CKIT-042-BLE and everything worked fine.

But now i'mt  not able to connect the device to my pc. I've tried to restore it via PSOC Programmerb there is no PORT enabled. I can update the firmware and after updating the firmware there is a PORT connection for about 1 second. After that the status LED stops blinking and only the power LED is on. I'm using PSOC Creator 4.1 and PSOC Porgrammer 3.26 with CY8C4247LQI-BL483 with Windows 7.

Greets Andre

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrikanthD_56
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins First question asked First comment on blog

When the KitProg port disappear from PSoC Programmer, does it also disappear from Device Manager? Do you see any exclamation mark on the KitProg in Device Manager?

Press and hold the Reset button on the kit for 5 seconds. That should change the KitProg mode to Mass Storage programming mode. (To go back to default KitProg programming mode, press and hold the Reset button again for 5 seconds).

If the kit enumerates as Mass Storage device, then the kit hardware seems to be functioning normally. Try uninstalling the PSoC Programmer and reinstalling it (that should fix if there are any issues with the KitProg driver), see if that helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the Result after trying to update the Firmware.

It directly disconnects after finishing.

Disconnected at 11:02:27                      | Bootloader device

Firmware Update Finished at 11:02:26          |

| Succeeded

| Verifying...

| Upgrading...

| Initializing...

Firmware Upgrade Started at 11:01:50          |

Firmware Upgrade Requested at 11:01:50        |

Connected at 11:01:47                        | KitProg bootloader device is detected

| Please close all ports, then navigate to the Utilities tab and click the Upgrade Firmware button to recover Bridge

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you try: "Please close all ports, then navigate to the Utilities tab and click the Upgrade Firmware button to recover Bridge"?

0 Likes
SrikanthD_56
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins First question asked First comment on blog

When the KitProg port disappear from PSoC Programmer, does it also disappear from Device Manager? Do you see any exclamation mark on the KitProg in Device Manager?

Press and hold the Reset button on the kit for 5 seconds. That should change the KitProg mode to Mass Storage programming mode. (To go back to default KitProg programming mode, press and hold the Reset button again for 5 seconds).

If the kit enumerates as Mass Storage device, then the kit hardware seems to be functioning normally. Try uninstalling the PSoC Programmer and reinstalling it (that should fix if there are any issues with the KitProg driver), see if that helps.