Module disconnect after running the project

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Answer
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

I am running a project using a thermistor. I started by using the evaluation board as shown:

Answer_0-1626138918507.png

The program runs fine. After that, I removed the module from the evaluation board and powered the module using an external power source (3V).

I moved the resistor and thermistor from the evaluation board from the pins [3.0  -   3.1  -   3.2]   to the module to the pins [3.0  -   3.1  -   3.2] on the BLE module (same numbering for the pins). I powered up the module it shows up on the phone app with the same project name.

Answer_3-1626139619968.png

In this state, the chip is pulling  ~1mA.

Answer_4-1626139667745.png

However, when I try to connect to it and click the on the project icon, the temperature is fixed on zero and if I go back the module does not show up on the Bluetooth search until I restart it again. the current pulled by the chip is zero after it disconnects.

Answer_5-1626139701954.png

Answer_7-1626139741103.png

(Note: I did not change anything on the PSoC creator or the code, I only transferred the resistor and the thermistor)

(Note: I was following the example here: https://github.com/Infineon/PSoC-4-BLE/tree/master/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day005_Health_Thermomete... )

0 Likes
1 Solution
Answer
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Problem solved. It was an issue with the analog pins. Since the code is measuring a Voltage reading from the thermistor, the code was crashing because no readings were accepted. I changed the analog pins which I was using and it worked.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies