Cysmart refuses to OTA on some phones

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Panometric
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 100 replies posted 10 solutions authored

We have many devices deployed with CYBLE-012011-00, using a fixed stack BLE component V3.30.After having build new applications  for them, some phones cannot perform an upgrade. For example: A Pixel4a seems fine, A Pixel1XL fails.

When starting the upgrade, it pauses for some time, but never advances the % done. Then several popups come up very fast, but only the last is visible. : CYRET_ERR_CMD. I think I have seen something about a checksum failure, but it's so fast I can't be sure. Considering that some phones work I can only conclude the files are OK and that this is a CYSmart issue, but it could also be the device bootloader I suppose.

Cysmart log on phone that fails is attached, but I don't see an errors in it. The Cysmart version is current from the Playstore.

This is holding up release of application code because we are unsure if this is a more widespread issue that needs correcting.

Are there know issues that could cause this?

Are there known workarounds?

What would you advise?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Panometric
Level 5
Level 5

We found the capacitive trim was not done correctly in the fixed bootloader. Since running the bootloader resets it, it will only show up when doing OTA.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

There can be many causes for this issue.

1. Keep the BLE interrupt at highest priority. Please ensure that CyBLE_ProcessEvents() API is called once in connection interval.

2. If it is possible for you to access the Bootloader project, please update the components to the latest BLE component i.e. BLE v 3.66, latest boot component i.e. Cy_boot5.90 and Bootloader component 1.60. Let us know the results.

3. Please go through the following KBA and implement the same:

ECO Capacitance Trim Values for EZ-BLE™ Modules - KBA218990

4. Keep the BLE device very close to the mobile.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Hi,

5. If possible, please also attach the BLE Sniffer logs while the OTA communication is happening .

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes
Panometric
Level 5
Level 5

We found the capacitive trim was not done correctly in the fixed bootloader. Since running the bootloader resets it, it will only show up when doing OTA.

0 Likes