CapSense_ModClk in "Clocks"tab of PSoC Creator "Design Wide Resourece"

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YoIs_1298666
Level 5
Level 5
250 sign-ins 100 replies posted 100 sign-ins

Hello,

The modulator clock frequency is set to 24000kHz and the sense clock frequency is set to 1500kHz on CSD.

Looking at the "Clocks" tab of "DWR", the clock frequency(Nominal Frequency) of CapSense_ModClk is 94.118kHz.

YoIs_1298666_0-1633485906774.png

What is this clock?

Best regards,

Yocchi

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi @YoIs_1298666 

Any Local clock that you observe under the clocks Tab of the design wide resources is clock added to schematics via Component. The CapSense_Modclock that you observe here is the clock utilized by the Capsense component internally.

If you want to observe this you can import the capsense component in your design (follow the steps in: https://www.cypress.com/video-library/PSoC-Software/psoc-creator-tutorial-importing-components/10775... to import component). Go to the Components tab in the workspace explorer and observe the schematic. You will notice that there is a Modclock which has a frequency of HFCLK/255 =94.11Khz being utilized in the schematic.

I hope this clears your confusion.

Best Regards
Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Ekta_N

Hi @YoIs_1298666 

Any Local clock that you observe under the clocks Tab of the design wide resources is clock added to schematics via Component. The CapSense_Modclock that you observe here is the clock utilized by the Capsense component internally.

If you want to observe this you can import the capsense component in your design (follow the steps in: https://www.cypress.com/video-library/PSoC-Software/psoc-creator-tutorial-importing-components/10775... to import component). Go to the Components tab in the workspace explorer and observe the schematic. You will notice that there is a Modclock which has a frequency of HFCLK/255 =94.11Khz being utilized in the schematic.

I hope this clears your confusion.

Best Regards
Ekta

0 Likes

Hello Ekta-san,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I was able to confirm it.

YoIs_1298666_0-1633570488552.png

It's an internal clock that isn't open to users, right?

Best regards,

Yocchi

0 Likes
Ekta_N

Hi Yocchi-San,

Yes, it's an internal clock utilized by the component.

Best Regards
Ekta

0 Likes

Hello Ekita-san,

Thank you for your support.

Please tell me one more point.

Can 94.118kHz ModClk of PSoC4000S series directly change the register values to 47.059kHz, which is the same as both ModClk and SnsClk of PSoC4000 series?

Best regards,

Yocchi

0 Likes
Ekta_N

Hi Yocchi,

When changing the device from 4000S to 4000 the Modclk frequency should change to 47.059kHz automatically. This is because in the case of 4000 devices by default the HFCLK = IMO(24 Mhz) / 2 = 12 Mhz. 

As mentioned in the previous posts in the schematic for the capsense component odclock which has a frequency of HFCLK/255 = 12Mhz/255 = 47.059kHz.

Kindly let me know if tihs is what you were asking.

Best Regards
Ekta

0 Likes

Hello Ekta-san,

Thank you very much.

CapSense_ModClk is fixed to HFCLK / 255, right?

Best regards,

Yocchi

0 Likes
Ekta_N

Hi Yocchi,

Yes capsense Modclock is fixed to HFCLK/255.

Best Regards
Ekta

0 Likes

Hello Ekta-san,

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Ishii

0 Likes