cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC 4 MCU

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

I am unsure which files actually contain source material and which are derived or statically installed.

I have been archive my own .c/.h files, and the TopDesign.cysch only. Is this adequate to restore a project?

--Gregg

0 Likes
1 Solution
Honored Contributor II
        Correct archival action is to select (click) project in the Project Explorer window->File->Create Archive Bundle->Minimal. Once done, you may delete folder 'Generated code' inside archive to further reduce size.   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Honored Contributor II
        Correct archival action is to select (click) project in the Project Explorer window->File->Create Archive Bundle->Minimal. Once done, you may delete folder 'Generated code' inside archive to further reduce size.   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Esteemed Contributor II

As long as you haven't changed anything within the generated files you can delete them. Then you may run a "Clean" and then archiving the project with "minimal" option.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I deleted (with dos command 'rd /s <directory>') the following directories. CortexM0, codegentemp, and Generated Source.  then rebuilt the code with Menu->Debug->program  without any apparent problems.

These directories not deleted by Build-> Clean <project>

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which of the project files need to be saved? so that the original output can be rebuilt.   I am archiving PROJECT.cydwr. but not the others which seem to be mostly related to the IDE, state.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I can tell looking at the raw files in the project, for sure you should include any source/header files you write, and the schematic file. There are probably more you should include, but I know you can leave out the generated files since those are built by the compiler.

0 Likes