unsing counters at Cyble-022001-00

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, my name is Matthias Roth, I'm a senior Software Developer and new to the Cyble-022001-00 chip.

For a customer I'll try to implement an application where I basically need to read 2 rpm Signals and send both on request from a BLT Master.

1.  which pins do I use for the RPM signals?
  3. I have tried to configure a digital Pin as input for a counter with Psoc Creator 4 TopDesigne.cysch but failed. Only possible Configuration is Timer Counter with an clock source. Which I don't have / don't need.
  5. Is ist possible to configure a Port as RPM input for a counter with Psoc Creator 4 TopDesigne.cysch if so how?
  7. which computer chip is used at Cyble-022001-00 (for example atmel ATXmega), can I use the components(counter) of this chip directly without graphical configuration tool of Psoc Creator 4. Where can I get all necessary specification for the chip?

Thanks in advance

Matthias Roth

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the world of PSoCs, Matthias.

When in Creator there is on the left hand side a window with some vertical tabs. The "Datasheet" tab shows the PSoC family members, from which you learn that the core is an ARM Cortex M0.

A widely used method is to measure the time between pulses. When using a clock with 1MHz you can have a resolution of 1 µs. Use the capture input of the counter to read the timer value in an interrupt handler.

Bob

PS: Where in Germany are you located? I live near Bremen.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

What is your SOW ? SOW = statement of work.  What kind of RPM are you trying to measure?  Your best bet is to use the PSOC Creator software as it writes the programs for the components. Post your code so we can check it.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the world of PSoCs, Matthias.

When in Creator there is on the left hand side a window with some vertical tabs. The "Datasheet" tab shows the PSoC family members, from which you learn that the core is an ARM Cortex M0.

A widely used method is to measure the time between pulses. When using a clock with 1MHz you can have a resolution of 1 µs. Use the capture input of the counter to read the timer value in an interrupt handler.

Bob

PS: Where in Germany are you located? I live near Bremen.

0 Likes