"Unknown SROM status" since using emulated eeprom

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaHo_4757026
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

At my board I'm using CY8C4014SXI-420. Since I'm using "emulated eeprom" I receive an error on verifing flash after flasing:

"There was an error while programming the device: PSoC Programmer reported error (100 - FAILED! Unknown SROM status code)"

I'm able to erase, and flash other applications succesfull, but for some reason the use of Emulated EEPROM is giving me issues. The application itself works ok, including the use of the emulated EEPROM. I used: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ce195313-psoc-emulated-eeprom as a reference.

1. What can be wrong?

2. How can I check the stored/changed EEPROM data in the application? I can read the hex to log in "PSoC programmer", but what row will be changed?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi,

1. What can be wrong?

>>Can you please share the project with which you are facing the error

2. How can I check the stored/changed EEPROM data in the application? I can read the hex to log in "PSoC programmer", but what row will be changed?

>>If you configure the EEPROM at fixed memory address then you can read that address in the debugging window else if you do not fix the eeprom address then it would be difficult to find the location where the EEPROM values are stored.

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
MaHo_4757026
Level 3
Level 3

Seems it's an checksum error while verifying? Is the emulated eeprom data in flash also used in checksum calc that can cause the error? How to solve this?

0 Likes
MaHo_4757026
Level 3
Level 3

Cypress support? Can you help here? Do you need to have more info, just let me know. The issue is not resolved yet.

0 Likes
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi,

1. What can be wrong?

>>Can you please share the project with which you are facing the error

>>If you configure the EEPROM at fixed memory address then you can read that address in the debugging window else if you do not fix the eeprom address then it would be difficult to find the location where the EEPROM values are stored.

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi,
Attached the project

0 Likes