"Not a valid CySmart Dongle!" error CySmart API

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to use the CY5670 CySmart USB dongle with a C# program using the CySmart APIs. I found example code for connecting to the dongle, but every time I try to connect I get an error--"Not a valid CySmart Dongle!" I have made sure the firmware is up to date, and the dongle works fine with the CySmart software. What could be the problem here?

I've attached my code and the DLLs I'm using.

Thank you.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Upon running the exact same code you uploaded, I'm able to connect to my own usb dongle just fine as long as I change the COM port number to be pointing to the COM port that the USB dongle is plugged into.

I would try double-checking that the USB dongle is in the same COM port as the one you are trying to connect to in software. (Device Manager should hold the list of devices associated with COM ports)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. I am sure that the COM port is correct, however it still doesn't work. May I ask what firmware version you have loaded onto your dongle? 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Firmware version 1.2.1.21

Hardware version 1.0.0.0

Product: CySmart BLE 4.1 USB Dongle

0 Likes