program PSoC 4 with external microcontroller

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am using a kinetis K64 MCU to program my CY8C4245AXI-483 PSoC.

I am refering the below link

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an84858-psoc-4-programming-using-external-mic...

I ported the code to suit the K64 IC and the program seems acquire the device and i get the IDCODE right. But it fails in the check silicon ID step.

The last bit(31st bit) in the CPUSS_SYSREQ register is not being deasserted. from what i have saw from the data sheet, this bit will get deasserted automatically after the system call happens. Here in my case what could be the problem ?

Anybody please help

0 Likes
4 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello

Can you please make sure that you are trying to program the same hex file as that of the target device?

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know that the hex file is correct because i programmed same hex into the PSoC with miniprog3.

The problem is elsewhere

I probed the SWD bus with a logic analyzer and saw some transaction to DP SELECT regester is giving ACK FAULT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to flash this hex with miniprog3

the verify silicon id is failing due to some other reason

0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Zamroodh,
Could you please provide some more information. Did you use the Hexfile parser for 42 family devices to generate the .c and .h files.
Whati is the SWD clock frequency you are using? It should be greater than 1.5 MHz. Could you please tell the error code, SROM error status ,Current step value  at the time of failure? If possible could you please share the code too?

Best Regards,
VSRS

0 Likes