port acquire failed in PSOC 4 BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello freinds: I am trying to run my first program using PSOC 4 BLE kit. I plugged in CYBC4247LQI-BL483 chip in KitProg. When I try to debug/program it fails with a message "port acquire failed". Could anybody help me. I using window 10 computer.

Some other info:

1) When I start PSOC programmer, I dont see any device appearing in its list, unless I plugin the dongle. Even when I have dongle in I am unable to debug/program.

2) I see KitProg appearing in "safely remove and eject media section". In device manager KitProg appears only in  portable devices section. When I ask to update the driver, it shows all the drivers updated.

Thank you to all.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Bobgoar. I use pSoC creator 3.3. I found what was the issue. I found that KitProg can be used in mass storage mode too, and when in that mode it is not recognized as a COM port but as a memory device. Also, in mass storage mode pSoc creator can not be used. By pressing reset switch for 5 seconds, it comes out of memory mode. And now I am able to connect it to PSoc Creator and Psoc programmer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

What version of Psoc Creator are you using? Have you updated Kitprog to the latest version? What Com port is the kit showing up in?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Bobgoar. I use pSoC creator 3.3. I found what was the issue. I found that KitProg can be used in mass storage mode too, and when in that mode it is not recognized as a COM port but as a memory device. Also, in mass storage mode pSoc creator can not be used. By pressing reset switch for 5 seconds, it comes out of memory mode. And now I am able to connect it to PSoc Creator and Psoc programmer.

0 Likes