miniProg4 physical connections

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
roboDan
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

I have a CYBT-213043-EVAL board and the  CYBT-213043-Mesh board. I downloaded the Eclipse  IDE for modus toolbox 2.2 and opened the Mesh application and the RFComm application.  I was successful building, programming and running both applications using the USB connection for each board.  I now want to modify and debug each application. I purchased and received the CY8CKIT-005 miniprog4  kit to accomplish the debug.   I downloaded the software for the  CY8CKIT-005 miniprog4 kit and I believe I was successful.  1st question, is this the correct kit to perform debug?  2nd question, is there documentation to show how to physically connect the 5 pin or 10 pin connector of the CY8CKIT-005 miniprog4  kit to the eval boards?  3rd question, is there specific manual for debugging? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

The pins are defined in "CYBT-213043-MESH.mk" and the setup is done in "spar_utils.h". Please have a look.

#
# pins supporting SWD hardware debugging
#
CY_CORE_DEFINES+=-DCY_PLATFORM_SWDCK=WICED_P12
CY_CORE_DEFINES+=-DCY_PLATFORM_SWDIO=WICED_P13

I would suggest you to check the hardware connection once again. Typically, below lines are connected to the debug ports in our Evaluation kits. Verify that these pins (from the board) are connected to the Debugger hardware properly.

Capture.JPG

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

Please refer https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/btsdk-docs/blob/master/docs/BT-SDK/WICED-Hardware-Debuggin... for hardware debugging.

I hope below pins are used to debug the CYBT-213043-MESH kit by default. You may need to use jumper wires to make connections.

P13 -> (SWDIO)
P12 -> (SWDCK)

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Thank you.  What are the default pins for the CYBT-213043-EVAL kit?

0 Likes

the debug connection failed because "the target machine actively refused it".  I disconnected the "SWD" pins from the target device and received the same message.  I do not see in the software where the GPIO pins 12 and 13 are configured for "WICED_SWDCK" or "WICED_SWDIO".  Do I need to write this in the code?

0 Likes
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

The pins are defined in "CYBT-213043-MESH.mk" and the setup is done in "spar_utils.h". Please have a look.

#
# pins supporting SWD hardware debugging
#
CY_CORE_DEFINES+=-DCY_PLATFORM_SWDCK=WICED_P12
CY_CORE_DEFINES+=-DCY_PLATFORM_SWDIO=WICED_P13

I would suggest you to check the hardware connection once again. Typically, below lines are connected to the debug ports in our Evaluation kits. Verify that these pins (from the board) are connected to the Debugger hardware properly.

Capture.JPG

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes